Typical questions asked by Interviewers:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
- What do you know about our company?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why are you looking to change positions?
- Why did you change jobs when you did (for every job change)?
- Tell me what you consider to be your strengths and what you consider to be your weaknesses?
- What salary are you looking for?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you like most about your current job (or manager)? What do you like least?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is the best thing that your manager will say about you? What is the worst?
- Name five adjectives that would best describe you.
- What has been your most important professional accomplishment?
Typical questions every Candidate should ask:
- Could you tell me about the growth plans for the company (the department)?
- What is the greatest challenge I will face in this position? What will be my responsibilities?
- What skills do you feel are important to be successful in this position.
- To reconfirm strength: “That is very interesting. Let me tell you about my background and what I have done as a professional that has prepared me so well for this position.”
- Overcoming a weakness: “How important is that skill to this job?”
- Mr. Interviewer, I don’t have that specific background, but I am bringing the following skills to the job…” (give examples) “Let’s talk about how you can help me in the one area that I’ve had less exposure to.” (Alternative: “How long would it take to learn that skill?”)
- Why did you join this company?
- Is there anything in my background or experience to prevent you from considering me as a viable candidate?
- What is the next step from here?
Other Interviewing Tips:
- Plan to arrive early for your appointment. Try to drive to the location a day or two before so that you know exactly where you are going the day of the interview.
- Dress conservatively and professionally.
- Greet the interviewer with a smile and a firm handshake.
- Establish good eye contact early in the interview.
|Previous Interview Tips||All Interview Tips||Next Interview Tips|