Healthcare Benefits Insurance Sales Executive Principal
Location: Home Office in the New York / New Jersey Region
Salary commensurate with experience – Base 75K to 110K and Bonus potential ( OTE ) over 200K.
Company is not looking to relocate or sponsor at this time.
Key points: Healthcare Benefits Administration Broker / Consulting Experience. Ideally some experience from the following companies ( Health Equity, HSA Bank, Wells Fargo, UMB Financial, Fidelity Investments, OptumHealth Financial). Strong understanding Distribution Channel Sales, Direct and / or Broker Consulting sales and / or Top Benefits Administrators companies, (Accenture, AON/Hewitt, TPA’s). Any experience building out a new territory. Mentor and leadership skills.
Summary: This position is responsible for driving new sales through direct sales and through planning, developing and building a national distribution channel with best in class consulting firms, broker firms, agencies, regional health plans, financial institutions and key market partners in CDHP target markets across the nation. Start up an operation in the NY/NJ/CT area for a large carrier-based administrator selling in the HSA/FSA space. This role would be a player/coach role, as they want the individual to generate traction initially then build sales/account management staff over time.
The goals and results will align with the organization’s overall goals in order to achieve target account enrollment, asset deposit growth and profit performance towards business results. This person will be responsible for working with the key internal teams (including sales, account management, compliance, operations, marketing communications, finance, IT, etc.) to drive the direct sales strategy & distribution channel growth plan and deliver on sales goals.
This will include, but not be limited to, channel development, direct sales, business partner management, coaching, pricing, and strategic integration. Tremendous growth potential for this role with ability to build up new territory in the Northeast.
- Knowledge of the national broker and consulting firms’ internal process.
- Knowledge of CDHP and Health Savings Account Banking industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or other applicable field or 9 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
- and 7 years sales experience in business and/or the healthcare benefits industry, preferably in sales and/or marketing positions
- Experience in major and national account sales or consulting required with the ability to apply expert strategic selling skills in ambiguous and complex sales situations.
- Well developed relationship management skills with experience deploying a contact management plan at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to work across systems and functions to facilitate the development of new solutions and capabilities that meet client requirements.
- Skillful negotiator, ability to influence internal and external audiences.
- Well developed persuasive written and oral communications skills.
- Proficiency in basic math.
- Demonstrate active involvement in the industry and profession.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active accident and health license.
- Requires 60% overnight travel
- Develop a written Sales Plan that incorporates critical success factors including contact management plan, business needs identification, competitive position, product and service strategy and positioning.
- Execute the Sales Plan advancing the sale through each critical sales phase demonstrating the ability to gain increasing customer commitment through advanced selling skills.
- Close new large account business at an annual rate favorable to the company through effective management of the finalist process and financial negotiations.
- Mentor and coach Sales Executives, Sales Associates and Client Managers as requested.
- Serve as a key contributor to best practice sales process development.
- Demonstrate continuous self-improvement and commitment to the health savings account industry through active participation in industry and trade groups as appropriate.
- Develop a continuous pipeline through effective prospect identification, qualification and development to close