- Where is the money for the Counter Offer coming from? Is it your next raise, early? All companies have strict wage and salary guidelines which must be followed.
- You have now made your employer aware that you are unhappy. From this day on, your loyalty will always be in question.
- When promotion time comes around, your employer will remember who was loyal and who wasn’t.
- Once the word gets out, the relationship that you now enjoy with your coworkers will never be the same. You will lose the personal satisfaction of peer-group acceptance.
- What type of company do you work for if you have to threaten to resign before they give you what you are worth?
- Your company will immediately start looking for a new person at a lower starting salary.
- When times get tough, your employer will begin the cutback with you.
- Accepting a Counter Offer is an insult to your intelligence and a blow to your personal pride; knowing that you were bought.
- The same circumstances that now cause you to consider a change will repeat themselves in the future; even if you accept a Counter Offer.
- Statistics show that if you accept a Counter Offer, the probability of your voluntarily leaving in six months or being let go within one year is extremely high.
Special Note: When you do resign from your present employer, be sure to do so in writing, retaining a copy for yourself. This procedure is to protect you in the future because future reference checks could record the separation as mutually beneficial. Include any constructive criticism, if any, in order to solidify your position for leaving.
Also, because our company specializes in recruiting within this industry, please keep our name confidential. We would appreciate not being in a position which would cause us to have a conflict with your current employer.